Changes from the Book
The Syldavian group who tries to snatch Professor Calculus from the Bordurians in the original book is removed for the sake of simplicity. Also, in the original book, Calculus was kidnapped much earlier in the story. In addition, Jolyon Wagg's family has been removed from the storyline, and his appearances reduced by a third.
Also in the TV episode, Calculus was also shown meeting Tintin and Haddock in the hospital after the blast in Topolino's house unlike the book where Calculus's next appearance was being kidnapped and taken away in a motor boat.
- Colin O'Meara - Tintin, Lieutenant Kavitch
- Susan Roman - Snowy
- David Fox - Captain Haddock
- Wayne Robson - Professor Calculus
- John Stocker - Detective Thompson
- Dan Hennessey - Detective Thomson
- Vernon Chapman - Nestor
- Maureen Forrester - Bianca Castafiore
- In Part 1 (and the recap in Part 2), when Tintin, Nestor and the Captain hear the gunshot fire a bullet through the professor's hat, Nestor has black eye lids.
- In Part 2, after Krônick and Klûmsi introduce themselves, the Captain's cap badge disappears.
- In Part 2, in the exterior shot of Tintin looking out of the window of the hotel, he is wearing his brown jacket instead of his beige coat.
- In Part 2, when the Professor Calculus decides to destroy the plans for his machine, the camera pans down to show that the animators forgot to draw the professor's left hand and properly render the lower half of his coat.