|Unit Director(s)||Peter Hudecki|
|Storyboard Artist(s)||Gilles Cazaux|
|Orig. airdate||17 & 24 August 1992|
|Episode no.||33 & 34|
Changes from the Book
Unlike the book, when Castafiore arrives, she still gifts Captain Haddock with the parrot Iago, but the parrot's part is significantly downplayed. As such, the bird does not manage to pick up much of Haddock’s verbal slang, sparing the Captain from further annoyance. Also, unlike the book, Castafiore trips over the broken stair (in the book she is the only character not to).
Miarka is much friendlier towards Tintin and Haddock and does not bite the Captain. Miarka's uncle is less hostile to Tintin and Haddock and does not try to throw a rock at Tintin as in the book. Neither does he think Marlinspike Hall's inhabitants have a deep hatred for him and the other gypsies. The scene when Thomson and Thompson confront the gypsies is shown.
- Colin O'Meara - Tintin
- Susan Roman - Snowy
- David Fox - Captain Haddock
- Wayne Robson - Professor Calculus
- John Stocker - Detective Thompson
- Dan Hennessey - Detective Thomson
- Vernon Chapman - Nestor
- Maureen Forrester - Bianca Castafiore
- When Bianca Castafiore starts singing for the television show in part 1, Wagner's moustache is not coloured in.
- In the penultimate shot of part 2, Nestor has a moustache.