|Unit Director(s)||Peter Hudecki|
|Storyboard Artist(s)||Jean-Charles Finck|
|Orig. airdate||20 & 27 April 1992|
|Episode no.||21 & 22|
Changes from the Book
In the book, Hergé presents a less naive Tintin who refuses to go with Captain Haddock and Professor Calculus to rescue Bianca Castafiore and the Thompsons, knowing it is a trap. He only joins them later, after his conscience gets the better of him. Many fans felt it was out of character for Tintin to refuse to travel to South America.
In the series however, Tintin is all in favour for rescuing his friends and goes with Haddock and Calculus early in the adventure. In the original comic, Tintin wore jeans throughout the book, which was in contrast with the plus-fours he had always worn previously, which return in the episode. The encounter with Ridgewell and the Arumbayas is also removed as is the moment when Captain Haddock's first name is revealed. Pablo's fate remains undetermined as well.
- Colin O'Meara - Tintin
- Susan Roman - Snowy
- David Fox - Captain Haddock
- Wayne Robson - Professor Calculus
- John Stocker - Detective Thompson
- Dan Hennessey - Detective Thomson
- Vernon Chapman - Nestor (cameo)
- Maureen Forrester - Bianca Castafiore
- In part one, Igor Wagner's moustache is not coloured in black.
- Despite the fact that this is the first time the characters let alone the audience have met Pablo in the television series as he did not appear in The Broken Ear, Tintin seems automatically know his name even he only introduces himself as Manolo's replacement without mentioning his name.